The two-day course, delivered through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
· An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect well being
· Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
· Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
· Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
· Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
The MHFA one day mental health awareness and skills course trains you as an MHFA Champion.
The course is delivered through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, the course is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
MHFA Champions have:
· An understanding of common mental health issues
· Skills to respond in a crises
· Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
· Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
· Skills to support positive well being both of those around you and yourself
Personally, I find in-house courses not only the most cost effective courses for my clients, but the ones with the best results.
By taking a team that works together, challenging preconceptions and normalising vulnerability, it helps to shape their future working environment for the better.